If you live in Prosper and need a little bit of fun on your day off, we’ve compiled our favorite fishing spots for you to try out.
Do you love fishing? If so, you’re in luck! Prosper is home to some of the best fishing spots in the state. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced fisherman, there’s something for everyone here. In this blog post, we will discuss the 8 best places to go fishing in Prosper. So pack your tackle box and get ready to catch some fish!
Fishing in Prosper Texas is an activity that everyone can enjoy and takes your mind off of everyday life. With lots of lakes and rivers in Collin and Denton, it’s easy to find the right spot for you! Fishing is an activity that can be enjoyed with friends or family members of any age – just make sure to have a current license for 2022!
Below are some of the most popular places to fish in Prosper:
- The Trinity River at the I-35 bridge (near Southside Blvd) – This river is one of the best fishing spots in Texas because it’s so close to Dallas. You can catch a variety of fish here like smallmouth bass, walleye and catfish! If you’re looking for an easy spot with plenty of room around you then this could be a perfect place for your
- Dogwood Park Lake near TPC Golf Course (just south of US 380) – This is a great spot for fishing with kids because the lake is small and easy to navigate. You can find catfish, sunfish and bass here.
- Lake Lavon (near US 380) – This large reservoir offers plenty of room for fisherman to spread out. With over 112 miles of shoreline, there are plenty of spots to try your luck. You can catch catfish, crappie and more!
- Lake Ray Roberts (near I-35) – This lake is known for its great fishing spots because of the deep water near shorelines that allow anglers to cast their lines without getting caught in weeds or other obstructions on top of this body as well if there’s enough space between trees so it doesn’t get snagged too much.”
- Lake Lewisville by Joe Pool Dam (off Hwy 121) – This lake is popular with anglers because of its abundant fish population. Anglers can expect to catch catfish, crappie and other types of freshwater species here!
- Towne Lake Park in Irving – This spot is great because you can catch a variety of fish in one spot. You can find catfish, bass and sunfish here – plus it is an easy place for beginners too!
- Hidden Cove Park on Lake Lewisville – Hidden Cove Park is a great place to fish because it’s well-shaded which is perfect for hot days. You can find catfish, bass and perch – plus it is located in Lewisville which is close to Prosper!
- Shawnee Park in Plano – If you are looking for a hot spot to go fishing in Plano we recommend Shawnee Park. This pond is well known for its large bass and catfish. You can find brim, crappie and more in this park too!
Fishing in Prosper is a pastime that can be enjoyed by nearly anyone of any age. Whether you’re an experienced fisherman or someone looking for their first fishing spot, this fishing guide has plenty to offer! We’ve included some of our favorite spots where people go fishing on the weekends – so whether you love catching catfish, sunfish or bass! So what are you waiting for? Get ready and head down to one of these amazing fishing holes today!
Join Our Community
Want to stay up to date on all the local news and trends in Prosper?
Join our local community of more than 10,000 people